This is not a book for techies! It’s for people who write documents, create spreadsheets, surf the Web, use email, listen to music, watch movies, and play games—and want to do it in Linux, without becoming technical experts.
* Convert your Windows PC to a Linux system that does more for less money—one step at a time
* Take control of Linux the easy way, with the quick, efficient KDE graphical environment
* Browse the Internet using Firefox, the fast, powerful browser that’s quickly replacing Microsoft Internet Explorer
* Send and receive email and instant messages using your existing AOL, MSN, and Yahoo! accounts
* Manage all your digital photos, without the hassle, using digikam
* Rip music, burn and play CDs, and watch movies
* Discover the world of Linux games and learn how to run Windows games on your Linux PC
There’s more! Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with OpenOffice.org 2.0—the free office suite for Linux that’s now easier, more powerful, and even more compatible with Microsoft Office.
Say goodbye to expensive software upgrades, burdensome Microsoft licensing, Windows viruses, and “blue screens of death.” Say hello to computing the way it’s supposed to be—with Linux!